M1 Malaysia’s Privacy Principles
Our business has been built on trust between our customers and ourselves. To preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, we maintain the following privacy principles:
- We only collect personal information that we believe to be relevant and required to understand your financial needs and to conduct our business.
- We use your personal information to provide you with better customer services and products.
- We will not disclose your personal information to any external organisation unless we have your consent or are required by law or have previously informed you.
- We may be required from time to time to disclose your personal information to Governmental or judicial bodies or agencies or our regulators, but we will only do so under proper authority.
- We aim to keep your personal information on our records accurate and up-to-date.
- We maintain strict security systems designed to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information by anyone, including our staff.
- All M1 Malaysia’s staff and all third parties with permitted access to your information are specifically required to observe our confidentiality obligations.
- By maintaining our commitment to these principles, we at M1 Malaysia will ensure that we respect the inherent trust that you place in us.
Your Privacy Matters to Us
This section provides specific details of how we treat any personal information you might wish to provide us when you visit this site.
Security is our top priority. M1 Malaysia will strive at all times to ensure that your personal data will be protected against unauthorised or accidental access, processing or erasure. We maintain this commitment to data security by implementing appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure your personal data.
All practical steps will be taken to ensure that personal data will not be kept longer than necessary and that the Bank will comply with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements in Malaysia concerning the retention of personally identifiable information.
Both you and the Bank play an important role in protecting against online fraud. You should be careful that your account details including your User ID, Password, are not compromised by ensuring that you do not knowingly or accidentally share, provide or facilitate unauthorised use of it. Do not share your User ID or Password or allow access or use of it/them by others. We endeavour to put in place high standards of security to protect your interests.
You should safeguard your unique User ID and Password by keeping them secret and confidential. Never write them down or share their details with anyone. M1 Malaysia will never ask you for your Internet Banking Password, in order to ensure that you are the only person who knows this information. When choosing your unique Password and where relevant, your unique User ID for the first time, do not create it/them using easily identifiable information such as your birthday, telephone number or a recognisable part of your name. If you think your User ID and or Password has/have been disclosed to a third party, is/are lost or stolen and unauthorised transactions may have been conducted, you are responsible to inform us immediately.
Collection of Personal Information
Use of “cookies”: Your visit to this site may be recorded for analysis on the number of visitors to the site and general usage patterns. Some of this information will be gathered through the use of “cookies”. Cookies are small bits of information that are automatically stored on a person’s web browser in their computer that can be retrieved by this site. Should you wish to disable these cookies you may do so by changing the setting on your browser.
Marketing Promotions: Occasionally we may collect personal information from visitors to this site and those individuals that participate in a contest or promotion (online or over the telephone, or at one of our branches). Such information is only collected from individuals who voluntarily provide us with their personal information. We may use this information to advise them of products, services and other marketing materials, which we think, may be of interest to them. We may also invite visitors to this site to participate in market research and surveys and other similar activities.
You may receive marketing and other promotional materials by email. If you do receive email promotional direct mail, you will always have an opportunity to opt out. If at any time you would like us to cease sending you direct emails, please send us a message to email@example.com.
NOTICE TO CUSTOMERS RELATING TO THE PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010 (THE “PDPA”)
- M1 Malaysia views your personal data and privacy seriously. This Notice is issued pursuant to the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
- Customers may have supplied and may continue from time to time, supply M1 Malaysia with their personal data and information (“data”) in connection with the opening or continuation of accounts and the establishment or continuation of banking facilities or provision of banking services or compliance with any laws or guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities. We may also verify or source personal information about you from third party sources (both public and private) such as credit reporting agencies, Companies Commission and Insolvency Department. Your visit to our public website may be recorded for analysis on the number of visitors to the site and general usage patterns. Some of this information will be gathered through the use of “cookies”.
- Such data may include information concerning your personal details (such as name, age, gender, identity card number, passport number, date of birth, education, race, ethnic origin, nationality), contact details (such as address, email, phone numbers), family information (such as marital status, name of spouse or child or immediate family), occupation details (such as employer name, income range, job title, job responsibilities, employer’s contact information and address) and other information such as financial reference (in respect of other bank facilities used by you). In addition, the Bank may from time to time request for certain other personal information that may be relevant for the Bank to consider your request for any other products or banking facility of the Bank.
- Failure to supply such data may result in the Bank being unable to open, establish, continue or provide the banking accounts, services or facilities or comply with any laws or guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities.
- The purposes for which data relating to a customer may be used and/or processed are as follows:
- the processing of customers’ applications for banking accounts, insurance based investments
- updating customers’ records;
- designing financial services or related products for customers’ use;
- marketing services or products of the M1 Malaysia and/or selected companies (in respect of which the company may or may not be remunerated) including but not limited to:
- financial, insurance, wealth management and related services and products;
- reward, loyalty or privileges programmes and related services and products;
- for fraud or crime prevention, audit and debt collection and in order that services may be processed by the Bank;
- for investigating, reporting, preventing or otherwise in relation to breach of confidential information, fraud, money laundering, terrorist financing and criminal activities generally;
- meeting the requirements to make disclosure under the requirements of any laws binding on and for the purposes of any guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities with which the M1 Malaysia’s, affiliates and representatives are expected to comply;
- market research and statistical analysis and surveys with the aim of improving our products and services;
- for any purpose required by law or regulation;
- for the purpose of enforcing its legal rights and/or obtaining legal advice;
- to support the Group’s business, financial and risk monitoring, planning and decision making;
- for making enquiries or investigations as to whether or not the customer or person whose data is collected, used and/or processed by the Bank is actually a sanctioned person, or is otherwise howsoever related to, or associated with, a sanctioned person or entity; and also for the reporting or the taking of any remedial or preventive action in relation thereto;
- for all ancillary purposes relating to the provision of facilities including the provision of computer, telecommunications and technology services; and/or m. purposes relating thereto.
The customer can request for access to data or correction of data or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held by mail to the address below or by visiting any of the Bank’s *branches to complete the data access form.
<pre>The Data Protection OfficerM1 Malaysia
A-25-6 Menara UOA ,Bangsar Kuala Lumpur, 59000
Tel : +603 2282 4016
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org</pre>
If customers have any queries or complaints relating to this Notice to Customers or otherwise relating to misuse or suspected misuse of their personal information, you may send us a message via email@example.com
M1 Malaysia reserves the right to amend this Notice to Customer at any time and will place notice of such amendments on the M1 Malaysia’s website.
Nothing in this Notice shall limit the rights of customers or the Bank under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
Where the customer is a partnership (that is not registered under the Limited Liability Partnerships Act 2012) or other unincorporated body of persons, the giving of this Notice addressed to the partnership or the unincorporated body of persons shall be deemed as notice given to all the partners or office-bearers (as the case may be) of such customer whose data are collected and/or processed by the Bank for the purposes as stated herein. In this regard, the customer warrants that the customer has obtained the consent of all such individuals to the provision of their data to M1 Malaysia for the foregoing purposes and for disclosure to such parties as stipulated above and the customer undertakes to extend a copy of this Notice to all such individuals, which expression shall include all such existing and new partners or office-bearers (as the case may be) of the customer from time to time.
Aside from customers, this Notice shall also apply (as the context shall require) in relation to the usage, processing and disclosure of the data of any other individual who is not a customer but whose data is required to be collected by M1 Malaysia by reason of, or incidental to, the provision of any banking accounts, services and/or facilities by M1 Malaysia to its customers, whether the customer concerned is another individual(s) or is a company, business entity or organisation. In this regard, the customer confirms and warrants that the customer has obtained the consent of such individuals to the provision of such data to tM1 Malaysia for the foregoing purposes and for disclosure to such parties as stipulated above.
Your continued usage of, services and/or facilities is deemed consent for the M1 Malaysia to collect, process and store the data in accordance with the above. Failure to consent to the above may result in the M1 Malaysia being unable to open, establish, continue or provide the services or facilities to you.